General Terms & Conditions
- All Rates are quoted in South African Rands [ZAR].
- Rates include a 1% Tourism Levy and 15% VAT.
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of the booking.
- Guests are required to sign an indemnity form on arrival and provide proof of identification.
- Noise levels: Kindly note the units are in close proximity of one another and as such music (portable speakers or music from vehicles) and loud noise is strictly prohibited
- Please note that the consuming of alcohol during Nature Drives and Quad Bike Adventures is strictly prohibited
- Dress code at the Restaurant and Bar is casual; no swim- or sleepwear permitted
- Upon the guest’s departure the Suite will be inspected by our staff and should there be any damages the guests will be liable for same
- No smoking (including E-cigarettes, hubbly-bubbly, hookah and the like) allowed inside any Suite or Chalet. Please use designated smoking areas
- Check-out time is strictly 10:00. Guests are welcome to remain onsite and enjoy any of the offered activities after check-out; we will gladly keep your luggage safe in our storage area
- Kindly note that Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve does not allow day visitors. Please be in touch with our Reservations Team for assistance with a reservation, should you wish to make use of our facilities
- No pets allowed.
Bed and Breakfast
Air-conditioned room with en-suite bathroom and breakfast daily.
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Air-conditioned room with en-suite bathroom, breakfast and three-course dinner daily.
Air-conditioned room with en-suite bathroom, breakfast, lunch, three-course dinner and two excursions per person daily.
Open Air Suites
- The Open Air Suites can be booked at an additional cost per couple per night, weather permitting between 1 September and 30 April.
- Guests are required to book one of the packages in either a Hut or Cave Suite and if the weather allows, guests will be able to spend the night in one of the Open Air Suites.
- All Open Air Suite stays are at management's discretion.
Activities and Excursions
- The Full Board package includes a choice of two excursions per person per day from the following Tour options: Rock Art Tour, Sundowner Tour, Morning Nature Drive and Late Night Nature Drive.
- All activities and excursions are subject to availability, are weather permitting and take place at the discretion of management and Nature Guides.
- Activities and Excursions not specified in the package are for guests' own account.
Direct Bank Deposits, Internet Transfers or Credit Card.
Payments during your stay
Credit Card, Debit Card or Cash.
Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve only accepts Master and VISA cards. Regrettably, no other cards will be accepted.
- 50% of the total quoted amount is due within 48 hours of the booking being made.
- The remaining balance is due no less than 14 days prior to arrival.
- A confirmed booking is only made once the deposit (or total quoted amount for Short Notice bookings) has been received.
- Kagga Kamma reserves the right to cancel unconfirmed bookings without prior notice.
- 29 days - 14 days prior to arrival: cancellation penalty of 50% of the quoted amount will be levied.
- 13 days and less: 100% of the quoted amount will be charged.
- No shows will forfeit 100% of the paid amount.
- Cancellation policy is applicable to changes in rooms or room night.
- Cancellations & changes must be requested/made in writing.
- Bank transfers: A minimum of 10 days after payment reflects in our bank account.
- Credit Card: Refunds will be processed as soon as the payment reflects in our bank account.
- 0 – 2 Years of Age: Free of Charge.
- 3 – 12 Years of Age: Kindly Request Prices from Reservations.
- 13 Years of Age and Older is considered an adult and will be charged the Adult Rate.
- Children 0 - 12 Years of Age can be accommodated with two Adults in selected Suites only. Maximum two Children between the Ages of 0 – 12 permissible per Suite.
Short Notice Booking Policy
Bookings made less than 14 Days prior to arrival
Full Payment and Proof of Payment is required within 48 hours of the booking being made.
Bookings made less than 48 hours prior to arrival
Full Payment and Proof of Payment is required upon receipt of the booking being made.
Travel by Land
- The last 35km to the Lodge is a gravel road.
- The road is accessible to 4x4 and standard sedan vehicles without lowered suspension.
- The road is not suitable for sports vehicles or motorbikes.
- Practise caution when travelling this road; this section of the route does not have cell reception.
Travel by Air
- Kagga Kamma does not offer or provide a charter flight service.
- Guests fly-in with their privately-owned or hired aircraft.
- Planning should be done to determine runway suitability for aircraft performance.
- FAKA Airfield is situated in the Nature Reserve, please fly over and check for animals before landing.
- Fly-in guests are required to plan their trip with the Kagga Kamma Team and complete any documentation required prior to arrival.
- FAKA Airfield is unmanned
Check-In / Check-Out Times
Check-In Time: 14:00
Check-Out Time: 10:00
Early Arrivals and Late Departures accepted only with prior arrangement.
Monday to Thursday - 07:30 - 18:30
Friday - 07:30 - 21:00
Saturday and Sunday - 08:00 - 18:30
Restaurant Serving Times
Breakfast - 08:00 - 10:00
Lunch - 12:30 - 15:00
Dinner - 19:00 - 21:00
Wood and Ice Purchases
Wood and ice can be purchased and collected from Reception. Wood and ice purchases are for camping and timeshare guests in the self-catering chalets; Lodge Suites do not have private braais or fireplaces. Unfortunately, deliveries are not possible.
Fauna and Flora
Kagga Kamma is a Nature Reserve and is home to many exquisite and interesting plants and animals. We are all about protecting our fauna and flora down to the last tiny plant and littlest critter. For this reason, we have some very important rules, such as:
- No fires allowed anywhere in the Reserve except for designated fireplaces.
- No littering (including cigarette butts).
- No picking of flowers or uprooting (or in any way damaging) plants.
- No loud noises and music.
- Please do not disrupt the natural ecosystems by removing any animals or plants from their homes/environments.
- As a protected Nature Reserve, a number of endemic and endangered species reside on the property. We plead that guests not harm or kill any creature or critter - not even the "creepy-crawly" types such as snakes, spiders or scorpions.
- When walking, cycling or driving; please keep an eye out for small animals that may cross your path so that you don't accidentally hurt them.
Rock Art Tour
The Rock Art Tour at Kagga Kamma tells a story that is thousands of years old; although the paintings are difficult to date accurately, some of the cave art dates back approximately 6000 years.
Please help us preserve this rich cultural heritage by not touching any of the rock art and not leaving any graffiti/carving or writing in the caves or on any rocks. Doing so is a criminal offense and is punishable by law.
Safety doesn't happen by accident and Kagga Kamma wants, first and foremost, to ensure that our guests are safe and enjoying themselves. So please, for your own well-being, follow our "Veld Tips".
- Please notify Reception before you go on a hike, cycle or self-drive and let them know when you have returned safely.
- Always remember to stay well hydrated when cycling and hiking; especially during the hottest times of the day.
- Kindly don't hike/cycle just before sunset and keep time in mind when you set off for an afternoon adventure.
- We also recommend that you wear closed shoes at Kagga Kamma and watch your step so that you don't step on a snake or something venomous by accident. The creatures we share this wonderful wilderness with are mostly non-confrontational and move off in the presence of humans; but we advise that you remain alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Please only drive on the already established roads of the Reserve.
- Do not drive on the quad bike tracks with any vehicle other than a quad bike.
- 2X4 vehicles are not permitted on the 4X4 tracks.
- For your own safety, no vehicles are allowed in the veld at night.
- No motorcycles, pipe cars or private quads (and the like) will be allowed on the Reserve during a guest's stay at Kagga Kamma. Guided Quad Bike Adventures are available.
If you would like to go on a self-drive please purchase a permit at Reception.
The permit should be kept on hand in your vehicle for the duration of your drive so that you can produce same if requested to do so by a Nature Guide.
The terms “Kagga Kamma”, “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered offices is at Mooikloof Office Park East, corner of Atterbury and Jolify Main Road, Mooikloof, Pretoria, 0059. Our company registration number is 1990/006107/06. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Your access to and use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions, and all applicable South African laws.
By accessing and using this site, you accept the following terms and conditions, without limitation or qualification:
- All information contained in this site is for general information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. You acknowledge that by visiting the site from time to time, you will become bound to the current version of these terms and, unless stated in the current version, all previous versions will be superseded by the current version. You are responsible for reviewing the current version on each visit to the website.
- The contents of this site, including any text, images, audio, video, html code, buttons etc. and their arrangement are the property of Kagga Kamma (Pty) Ltd and you may not copy, reproduce or use any such material without our prior written consent.
- Links on this site may lead to services or sites not operated by us. These links are provided as a convenience to you. We do not monitor these sites and cannot make representations or warranties regarding the correctness, accuracy, performance or quality of the contents. Your use of these linked sites is subject to the applicable policies and terms and conditions of the specific site.
- These terms will in all respect be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of South Africa.
- These terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties in respect of the subject matter of these Terms.