The Kagga Kamma Team is elated to announce that intra-, as well as inter-, provincial travellers may, as per the relaxed regulations announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa, visit the Nature Reserve for a well-deserved holiday. Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve, a singular, far off location offers comfortable accommodation under vast night skies, lit by the Milky Way and sweeping fynbos plains. The Chalets, as well as the Suites, are well-positioned and social-distancing-friendly, while the only ‘skyscrapers’ are towering rock formations and the shadow of a mountain along the horizon – perfect for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the crowded city.
Providing a hygienic holiday environment for you, your family and your loved ones to enjoy is our number one priority. To ensure that our own health and safety standards are met, as well as those enforced by the government, kindly take note of the following:
- Guests are required to complete up-to-date and accurate documentation with regards to their health and travel history prior to their arrival.
- All guests will be subject to temperature screening at the main entrance. Should the occupant of a vehicle read a temperature of 37.8°C or higher, the vehicle will not be permitted to enter the premises.
- In terms of the current regulations, all guests are requested to wear a mask (which covers the nose and mouth) in public areas at all times.
- Sanitisation stations and sufficient hand washing facilities have been made available for use throughout the Lodge. We strongly recommend that guests keep their hands clean and refrain from touching public surfaces.
- To adhere to social-distancing protocols, all Chalets and Suites are sanitised and sealed before guests’ arrival; decorative pieces may have been removed from the unit and housekeeping will be kept to a minimum.
- Kindly note that strict capacity limitations are in effect for Kagga Kamma excursions, activities and facilities as we aim to adhere to social-distancing protocols. We kindly advise guests to book their excursions in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Guests are advised that the country-wide curfew is 21:00 and as such, guests are required to return to their Chalet or Suite by this time.
- The Restaurant will close by 20:00 nightly, so as to allow sufficient time for Kagga Kamma staff to return home before the curfew; last orders must be placed by 18:45 each evening. Kindly also note that the Restaurant will be open for sit-down service to Lodge guests as preference. Room service at the Lodge and take-aways for Chalet and Camping guests remain available.
- The on-site consumption of alcohol is currently prohibited; the Kagga Kamma Bar will be closed until the 26th of July 2021.
- The Kiosk will be open to sell select snacks and cold drinks until 19:00 every Friday and 20:00 every Monday.
- The Reception will be open to guests until 19:00 daily with the exception of Fridays when it will close at 20:00.
- Guests must adhere to Lodge Rules and Regulations while staying at Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve.
Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve remains committed to providing you with a most comfortable stay. Rest assured that our dedicated team will comply with the government’s industry-specific stringent controls and measures, as well as our own health and safety protocols, to provide you with an enjoyable holiday environment.
Intra- and inter-provincial business traveller guests are also welcome at Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve. For further information pertaining to specific requirements, please read our blog.
Please be in touch with our Reservations Team directly for further clarification or to make a reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep up-to-date with new developments regarding the nationwide lockdown and five-level, risk-adjusted strategy here.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that Government Regulations surrounding the South African lockdown and COVID-19 are continuously being amended and updated. As such, we remain committed to providing you with relevant communications which are accurate and reflect the latest updates at the time of publishing. These regulations are subject to change and may need to be reviewed on occasion. We thank you for your understanding.