Self-Catering Accommodation Solutions in the Stunning Cederberg
Self-catering accommodation is an ideal option for holiday makers, leisure travellers, and tourists who do not wish to feel bound to or restricted by keeping to set mealtimes when away from home and their usual daily routine. Left to one’s own devices, enjoying the luxury of having time to oneself (at last) to do as one pleases, if, when, and wherever one likes, it is great to feel the freedom of being flexible about mealtimes.
In the Cederberg, as elsewhere, meals, mealtimes, and dietary preferences are fundamental to selecting self-catering accommodation, rather than full board, dinner, bed and breakfast, or bed-only types of lodging.
Additionally, larger numbers of people in one party or group, and families, may also choose this type of lodging, which allows members to exercise their individual culinary preferences, the solution for accommodating fussy eaters too.
A Good Old Braai
South Africans are closely associated with braaing – at home, on holiday, in the bushveld, at the beach, at sports matches, beside a swimming pool, in the sunlight during summertime or while wearing warm windbreaker jackets and scarves during cold winter months, around an open fire, in an indoor or outdoor fireplace, or anywhere else.
Although braaing invariably forms an integral part of self-catering at our Cederberg private nature reserve’s Kagga Kamma resort’s self-catering chalet accommodation, guests do not necessarily want to braai each and every day, particularly if they have booked their stay and lodging for longer periods.
Two chalet types are on offer.
• Six sleeper – It sleeps six people, and has three bedrooms and two bathrooms – one with a bath, and the other with a shower.
• Eight sleeper – It sleeps six adults and two children, and has three bedrooms, plus a sleeper couch and two bathrooms, as above.
• Each features a private boma to enjoy the Cederberg’s clean, fresh air and expansive, awe-inspiring vistas of the Cederberg’s unique landscape.
• Both units serviced daily, except on Sundays.
For guests’ comfort, varied meal choices and times, as well as their catering convenience, our Kagga Kamma chalets offer self-catering options by including a fully equipped kitchen in each unit.
• Cutlery and crockery
• Oven and stove top
• Fridge and freezer
• Outdoor boma and braai area
• Braai tongs and grid
• Indoor braai/fireplace
• When guests check in to chalet accommodation, a complimentary basket of wood is placed in the unit. Additional wood, plus ice, may be purchased and collected at Kagga Kamma’s reception desk.
Because Kagga Kamma’s chalets are only available to timeshare members, RCI and DAE exchanges, plus rentals via TradeUnipoint.com (all subject to availability), it is best to make your accommodation reservations as soon as possible.