Unique Base for Delightful Day Trips in the Cederberg
When spending leisure time – a holiday or slightly shorter getaway – in an area of remarkable or exceptional scenic beauty, there is only really one way to experience all or most of what the region has to offer, and that means taking several day trips from a conveniently located base.
This is certainly the best and most enjoyable way to get to know and see the iconic sights of and in the marvellous Cederberg region of South Africa’s Western Cape Province.
More Days, More Trips
The Cederberg has so much to offer the day tripper and visitors who opt for a holiday in this pristine wilderness. It is impossible to take in the regions’ astonishing natural wonders in one or two trips. One needs more time, and therefore, several day trips.
In fact, more than one visit to the Cederberg would be even better, such is the mysterious allure of this natural wonderland and its remarkable natural features – truly unique and not found anywhere else on earth.
A Few Fantastic Cederberg Features
Depending on your destination in the Cederberg, this remote wilderness area is about 250 km from Cape Town. Our resort, Kagga Kamma, lies in the heart of the region, but a world apart in its amazing scenic features.
- The region is wild, remote, and otherworldly, the home of Cape fynbos and the only place in the entire world that features the renowned rooibos
- A rooibos factory in Clanwilliam
- Cederberg Cellar, producer of similarly named wines from vineyards located at a higher altitude than any others in South Africa
- Incredible rock formations, including the Maltese Cross, Wolfberg Arch, and the enormous, breath-taking Stadsaal Cave
- Hiking – Three different trails on offer at Kagga Kamma
- 4 x 4 route, extending some 100 km in total across our nature reserve
- Superb 10 km and 30 km mountain biking routes
- Fascinating San rock art tours. We are proud to share outstanding examples of this ancient indigenous art form
- Expertly guided nature drives during early mornings and late nights to see the diverse fauna and flora species of the region
- Weekend reptile educational sessions, conducted in safety by a Kagga Kamma snake handler
- Quad bike excursions, by arrangement
- Stargazing tours to a mini observatory in the nature reserve, season and weather dependent, or simply marvel at the canopy of clear, bright stars in the inky night sky at Kagga Kamma
It is obvious that you will need several day trips to experience the delights of the area, and there are many more than those we have mentioned. You will also require a home base for several days from which to undertake your trips, and that is where Kagga Kamma’s unique accommodation options are ideal – a haven for nature lovers in the sanctuary of our tranquil nature reserve in the Cederberg.