Have you heard about the unique cave, hut and open-air rooms that are such an integral part of the guest accommodation at Kagga Kamma resort in the heart of the Cederberg wilderness? Did you think that, because these suites are designed to accommodate two people only, you would have to leave your children behind in the care of someone else, while you and your partner go away on holiday and enjoy yourselves? You want to share your Cederberg vacation with your youngsters, since you believe in exposing them to as many new experiences and environments as you possibly can. Moreover, undertaking a journey of discovery together – and strengthening your bonds within the family and between loved ones – is one of life’s most precious, memorable experiences that may be treasured today and into the future.
Super Spacious Self-Catering Accommodation
Our guest accommodation at Kagga Kamma caters for family groups. At our Rest Camp timeshare chalets, larger groups of guests and families typically book their accommodation for longer periods. Kindly note that terms and conditions apply to Rest Camp Chalet bookings (available to timeshare owners, DAE and RCI exchanges, and rentals through TradeUnipoint.com – all subject to availability). These options are offered:
- 6-sleeper chalet accommodates six persons. This unit has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, one with a bath, basin, and toilet, and the second is similarly appointed, but with a shower instead of the bath.
- 8-sleeper chalet suitable for six adults and two children. It also features two bathrooms, equipped with facilities similar to those of the 6-sleeper.
- All chalets are equipped with linen and towels, and are serviced daily, bar Sundays.
Our self-catering amenities include the following:
- Fridge, freezer, microwave, oven and hob, toaster, kettle, crockery, and cutlery.
- Indoor fireplace/braai.
- Outdoor boma with braai area, grid, and tongs.
- Complementary firewood upon arrival; additional wood may be purchased at Reception.
- When you want a break from catering for yourself, you may make Kagga Kamma Restaurant reservations a day in advance. Self-catering guests are also welcome at our pub, Doppies Bar.
More Affordable Activities
In addition to immersing yourself in nature, the beauty, tranquillity, and spectacular scenery of the Cederberg, we’ve made our guided activities and excursions more affordable for families and groups by by offering discounts on most tours. The following tours are offered:
- Morning or evening nature drives;
- Quad bike safari;
- Rock art tour;
- Sundowner trip;
- Stargazing tour.
The Cederberg is such a distinctive part of South Africa that there’s no other comparable place in the country. The same applies to Kagga Kamma, our private resort, seemingly “in the middle of nowhere”, because of it appears to be an extremely remote wilderness, despite only being 250 km from Cape Town. First-time visitors are delighted and surprised to find virtually all the welcoming, homely creature comforts one might expect in a developed, urban environment, but that’s where any similarity ends. Kagga Kamma is different, and it’s this very difference that we and our guests celebrate. Take time off, book your Cederberg self-catering accommodation, bring your family, and celebrate nature’s magnificence with us.