Lovely Luxuries in the Cederberg Include Unique Accommodation Options
In this so-called global village modern world, one can find luxury almost everywhere, even in the most unexpected places, most of which are isolated or remote and distant from where one would expect them to be present – in developed centres that have the infrastructure and facilities to support luxury.
Luxury – a Relative Concept
However, luxury is a relative concept. One man’s luxury may be another’s every day, perfectly ordinary, and often overlooked basic necessity. It is something to be taken for granted, and as a matter of course, barely noticed or recognised for any reason whatever.
Creature Comforts in Unexpected Places
Nonetheless, when luxury occurs in unexpected places that are generally devoid of even basic creature comforts, let alone those that are luxurious, it becomes all the more noteworthy and enjoyable for all concerned, irrespective of their norms, habits, status, wealth, and the lifestyles to which they are accustomed.
Cederberg’s Remote Wilderness
The Western Cape’s Cederberg is a hauntingly beautiful wilderness area, typified by its iconic, strangely shaped rock formations. It is an area that appears to be completely desolate and deserted, devoid of recent human habitation and any modern amenities that might provide comfortable shelter, meals, and facilities that are associated with providing help, relaxation, and interesting or entertaining activities.
Unexpectedly, to all those who have never experienced luxury in the Cederberg, one finds Kagga Kamma, which is both a private nature reserve and a private secluded holiday and getaway resort that offers more than basic accommodation.
Kagga Kamma offers luxury in the middle of an untamed and remote wilderness area that is as old as time itself, the last place where one might expect creature comforts and conveniences. It is the perfect destination for guests who want to renew mind, body, and spirit, as well as lovers of nature, adventure seekers, explorers of the Cederberg’s rich cultural history, romantic couples, and folks that want a novel, unique wilderness experience without foregoing luxury accommodation and creature comforts.
- Air conditioning, a comfy double bed with freshly laundered linen, tea/coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, an en suite bathroom with bathrobes and complimentary toiletries in each of our ten “cave” rooms that overlook the Cederberg landscapes.
- The amenities in our five hut suites are as those mentioned above, while there is a choice of twin or king-size bed/s, plus a double sleeper couch. Each hut is fronted by a private patio that also offers amazing views over the Cederberg terrain.
- The option of an ultra-luxurious night in the open, under the Cederberg’s starry sky, in our Star suite – in total privacy and isolation, 3 km from the main buildings. Additional luxuries include an outdoor shower, open air Star bath that overlooks the Cederberg scenery, and a natural rock pool, inviting you for a refreshing dip.
- As is the case with the Star suite too, season and weather determine whether a night under the stars in the Sky suite is an optional luxury experience. Special luxuries include an open-air shower, wood-fired hot tub, boma braai, and a spectacular view from high.
- On-site spa with stunning outdoor massage area.
- Welcoming bar, à la carte restaurant, and excellent wine cellar.
- Communal swimming pool, hugging the contours of the rock formations.
Add in a host of activities and excursion, as well as ample opportunity to relax and unwind in luxurious privacy, and you have the luxury that is typical of Kagga Kamma’s accommodation in the spectacular Cederberg.