When you’re planning a romantic getaway, a crowded venue is probably the last place you want to visit. In fact, most people would rather stay at home than book their accommodation at a typical “tourist trap” type of establishment, where it seems that the entire world and its brothers are taking a holiday.
Where’s the Romance?
Whichever way you turn, you’re bumping into rowdy visitors, determined to have a good time, no matter what, or so it appears. “Where’s the romance in that?” you ask yourself. In order to ensure that your getaway is romantic, several boxes must be ticked.
- An upmarket, private establishment, ideally one which is unique or different from the rest – in short, a mystical, magical romantic venue.
- Secluded location.
- Beautiful surroundings.
- Luxurious private accommodation and amenities with modern creature comforts, despite the venue’s seclusion or isolation.
- A room with a view.
- In-house spa for ultimate indulgent treatments and relaxation.
- Fresh, unpolluted air, the magnificent African sky, the romantic moon and stars.
- Excellent personal, yet discreet service.
- Off the beaten track.
- Limited numbers of guests or visitors allowed at one time – definitely no crowds.
- Peace and tranquillity.
- A variety of interesting, optional leisure activities.
- Fine dining at an on-site restaurant.
- A comprehensive wine list.
- Time to do as you please, when it suits you.
The Romance of Cederberg’s Kagga Kamma
Since time immemorial, the Cederberg has held a magical mystery all of its own. It is totally unique in every aspect, in addition to being out of the way and completely unsullied. Incredibly breathtaking sandstone rock formations are typical of this part of South Africa, where we’ve established Kagga Kamma, our exclusive getaway retreat.
The magic and romance of the region may be due to its rich, ancient origins and history of the ancient Khoisan people who once inhabited the area. It must be said that history, especially that of ancient times and early people, exudes an exceptional air of romance to all in its presence. This is when time stands still for you.
Here, in the romantic heart of the Cederberg and its craggy rock formations, luxurious Kagga Kamma is drenched in crisp, pure air, and surrounded by a dreamy canopy of night-time stars virtually throughout the year, tranquil sense of peace, a host of attractions on privately-owned land, and nature at its very best.
Kagga Kamma is proud to feature 10 air-conditioned, en-suite cave suites, which blend seamlessly in the natural rock formations, and 5 spacious hut suites, thatched and built in traditional San style, also with air conditioning and an en-suite bathroom.
2 outdoor suites offer the ultimate romantic accommodation. The Outcrop outdoor room is just that – you sleep outdoors, but in complete privacy, under the African sky. This one-of-a-kind room is enfolded by natural stone walls. However, its use is weather dependent.
Our Star suite is the latest addition to our most romantic accommodation options. Set on a platform overlooking panoramic landscapes, the Star room is situated about 3km away from the main buildings and is also discretely private.
Here, your amenities include a natural rock pool, an outdoor shower and a bath without walls or ceiling, save for the starlit sky. If it’s a romantic getaway you want, we have it in spades at Kagga Kamma in the glorious Cederberg. See you and your beloved soon.