Premier Western Cape Holiday Resort
The Western Cape province of South Africa is a leisure traveller’s dream and a tourist’s delight, irrespective of which type of holiday they prefer or what type of attractions they seek. Arguably, the province offers many of the best of this country’s features.
Within the Western Cape, there are numerous and varying landscapes and different climatic conditions, each with its own distinctive eco system. Such diversity presents ideal tourism opportunities, which are undoubtedly the reason for the establishment of an increasing number of resorts of various types, catering for a variety of preferences and budgets.
Some Popular Western Cape Holiday Features
- Gorgeous beaches, featuring exceptionally white, fine sand. Some are long and relatively flat, whilst others are backed by enormous sand dunes, depending on their location. Certain beaches attract lots of holidaymakers and are suitable for safe swimming; others are almost deserted and secluded.
- An extremely long coastline.
- The icy Atlantic Ocean flows past the Cape’s West Coast and the southern coastal area is bounded by the much warmer Indian Ocean.
- Unique natural vegetation, known as fynbos, found only in the Western Cape and nowhere else in the world.
- Table Mountain.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive.
- The V & A Waterfront.
- An immense variety of sports and leisure activities, including hikes, water sports (sailing, yachting, surfing, windsurfing, scuba or shark cage diving), mountain climbing, mountain biking, 4×4 trails, cruises to seal island and Robben Island, scenic drives, tours of Cape wine estates and wine tasting, seasonal whale watching, camping, and visits to museums, cultural and historical sites, to name only a few.
- West Coast fishing villages, known for serving outstanding fresh seafood.
- Numerous national parks, conservation areas and nature reserves, of which our holiday establishment, the 4-star Kagga Kamma Resort and Nature Reserve in the picturesque Cederberg, is a fine example.
What Makes the Cederberg so Unique?
Firstly, one must mention the peace and tranquillity of the untouched Cederberg region. On a typical clear night, the stars are brighter than anywhere else and seem to be close enough to touch. At Kagga Kamma, we arrange stargazing tours on nights when conditions are optimal for viewing the magnificent African night skies.
Our landscape is exceptional, especially the sandstone rock formations in and around our holiday resort. Sandstone is a relatively soft rock, weathered and shaped in our area by sun, wind and water for centuries on end. This leaves us (and you) with remarkable natural features which serve as backdrops and walls for our inimitable outdoor rooms and cave suites.
Our Holiday Resort’s Latest Addition
We’re extremely proud to introduce the latest addition to our holiday resort’s unique accommodation options – the Star Suite. A few of its glorious features include:
- Taking a relaxing bath or refreshing shower outdoors, with neither a wall or roof to impede your view of the landscape.
- Sleeping in complete privacy and luxury under the stars.
- Having a dip in your own natural but discretely private rock pool.
Plan ahead to avoid disappointment, since our guest numbers are limited, in order to guarantee that your Western Cape Cederberg experience with us at our exclusive holiday resort is everything you expect and lots more.