Getaway to An Out-Of-The-Way Western Cape Holiday Resort
See You at One of The Best Holiday Resorts in the Cederberg
Happy Holidays in the Western Cape
Inspired Ideas Make a Western Cape Holiday Resort Unique
According to some of the residents and business people of the smaller towns and villages of the greater Western Cape, it has taken rather a long time for the discovery of the unique holiday opportunities offered by these once infrequently visited places. By contrast, many holidaymakers, who have been aware of the lesser-known, more unique gems of the Western Cape were not phased at all by their erstwhile “undiscovered” status. To them, this merely meant that there was more of it for them to enjoy, undisturbed and unperturbed by hordes of other holiday visitors.
Humans are social beings. People instinctively seek out each other, hoping to connect on a variety of levels, in order to form bonds, one of which is bound to be romantic in nature.
What is Romance?
Romance is sometimes described as the pleasurable and expressive feeling that a person gets from an emotional attraction towards another person. It is a feeling that is intrinsically associated with romantic love. When two people develop mutual romantic feelings for one another, they feel as though they are the only two people in the world, even if they’re surrounded by others and all the trappings of modern civilisation. Such a couple carries their special air of romance with them, wherever they may be. Continue reading
Unusual, Untainted, Unique, and Romantic Western Cape Getaways
Cape Town and, in fact, the entire Western Cape region, are favourite romantic destinations for people from this country and elsewhere, who like to take a break or go on holiday there. It’s no wonder, because this province is world renowned for its scenic beauty and myriad of diverse attractions. Virtually everyone is aware of Table Mountain and other mountain ranges, the Western Cape’s Atlantic and Indian Oceans, the white, sandy beaches, historic buildings and rich, well-documented history, Cape Dutch architecture, winelands, and the West Coast villages, where scrumptious, freshly caught seafood is always on the menu. Continue reading
The Timeless Tranquillity of a Wonderful Western Cape Wilderness Resort
Our wilderness resort in the Western Cape’s Cederberg is known as a sanctuary of peace and tranquillity amongst the guests we accommodate – people who find themselves in need to get away from everything and enjoy a complete break from humdrum routine, responsibilities, and hectic city lifestyles. Everyone sometimes crave tranquillity, but did you know that a great deal has been researched and written about tranquillity, even if it is a place and/or state of mind and being that many mistakenly perceive as being too abstract to study? Continue reading
With Love from our Western Cape Romantic Honeymoon Destination
Congratulations in advance. You’re about to get married and cannot wait to go away on your honeymoon, especially after seeing to all the arrangements for your wedding – and there are typically many of those, particularly if you want to ensure that this special occasion is perfect in every respect. You want your honeymoon to be equally special. However, you’ve still to decide where to go for this eagerly anticipated time away with your spouse. All couples want a honeymoon destination that is romantic and unique, somewhere that allows them feel as though they’re the only two people in the world.
When you’re planning a romantic getaway, a crowded venue is probably the last place you want to visit. In fact, most people would rather stay at home than book their accommodation at a typical “tourist trap” type of establishment, where it seems that the entire world and its brothers are taking a holiday.
Where’s the Romance?
Whichever way you turn, you’re bumping into rowdy visitors, determined to have a good time, no matter what, or so it appears. “Where’s the romance in that?” you ask yourself. In order to ensure that your getaway is romantic, several boxes must be ticked.
- An upmarket, private establishment, ideally one which is unique or different from the rest – in short, a mystical, magical romantic venue.
- Secluded location.
- Beautiful surroundings.
- Luxurious private accommodation and amenities with modern creature comforts, despite the venue’s seclusion or isolation.
- A room with a view.
- In-house spa for ultimate indulgent treatments and relaxation.
- Fresh, unpolluted air, the magnificent African sky, the romantic moon and stars.
- Excellent personal, yet discreet service.
- Off the beaten track.
- Limited numbers of guests or visitors allowed at one time – definitely no crowds.
- Peace and tranquillity.
- A variety of interesting, optional leisure activities.
- Fine dining at an on-site restaurant.
- A comprehensive wine list.
- Time to do as you please, when it suits you.
The Romance of Cederberg’s Kagga Kamma
Since time immemorial, the Cederberg has held a magical mystery all of its own. It is totally unique in every aspect, in addition to being out of the way and completely unsullied. Incredibly breathtaking sandstone rock formations are typical of this part of South Africa, where we’ve established Kagga Kamma, our exclusive getaway retreat.
The magic and romance of the region may be due to its rich, ancient origins and history of the ancient Khoisan people who once inhabited the area. It must be said that history, especially that of ancient times and early people, exudes an exceptional air of romance to all in its presence. This is when time stands still for you.
Here, in the romantic heart of the Cederberg and its craggy rock formations, luxurious Kagga Kamma is drenched in crisp, pure air, and surrounded by a dreamy canopy of night-time stars virtually throughout the year, tranquil sense of peace, a host of attractions on privately-owned land, and nature at its very best.
Kagga Kamma is proud to feature 10 air-conditioned, en-suite cave suites, which blend seamlessly in the natural rock formations, and 5 spacious hut suites, thatched and built in traditional San style, also with air conditioning and an en-suite bathroom.
2 outdoor suites offer the ultimate romantic accommodation. The Outcrop outdoor room is just that – you sleep outdoors, but in complete privacy, under the African sky. This one-of-a-kind room is enfolded by natural stone walls. However, its use is weather dependent.
Our Star suite is the latest addition to our most romantic accommodation options. Set on a platform overlooking panoramic landscapes, the Star room is situated about 3km away from the main buildings and is also discretely private.
Here, your amenities include a natural rock pool, an outdoor shower and a bath without walls or ceiling, save for the starlit sky. If it’s a romantic getaway you want, we have it in spades at Kagga Kamma in the glorious Cederberg. See you and your beloved soon.
Premier Western Cape Holiday Resort
The Western Cape province of South Africa is a leisure traveller’s dream and a tourist’s delight, irrespective of which type of holiday they prefer or what type of attractions they seek. Arguably, the province offers many of the best of this country’s features.
Within the Western Cape, there are numerous and varying landscapes and different climatic conditions, each with its own distinctive eco system. Such diversity presents ideal tourism opportunities, which are undoubtedly the reason for the establishment of an increasing number of resorts of various types, catering for a variety of preferences and budgets.
Some Popular Western Cape Holiday Features
- Gorgeous beaches, featuring exceptionally white, fine sand. Some are long and relatively flat, whilst others are backed by enormous sand dunes, depending on their location. Certain beaches attract lots of holidaymakers and are suitable for safe swimming; others are almost deserted and secluded.
- An extremely long coastline.
- The icy Atlantic Ocean flows past the Cape’s West Coast and the southern coastal area is bounded by the much warmer Indian Ocean.
- Unique natural vegetation, known as fynbos, found only in the Western Cape and nowhere else in the world.
- Table Mountain.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive.
- The V & A Waterfront.
- An immense variety of sports and leisure activities, including hikes, water sports (sailing, yachting, surfing, windsurfing, scuba or shark cage diving), mountain climbing, mountain biking, 4×4 trails, cruises to seal island and Robben Island, scenic drives, tours of Cape wine estates and wine tasting, seasonal whale watching, camping, and visits to museums, cultural and historical sites, to name only a few.
- West Coast fishing villages, known for serving outstanding fresh seafood.
- Numerous national parks, conservation areas and nature reserves, of which our holiday establishment, the 4-star Kagga Kamma Resort and Nature Reserve in the picturesque Cederberg, is a fine example.
What Makes the Cederberg so Unique?
Firstly, one must mention the peace and tranquillity of the untouched Cederberg region. On a typical clear night, the stars are brighter than anywhere else and seem to be close enough to touch. At Kagga Kamma, we arrange stargazing tours on nights when conditions are optimal for viewing the magnificent African night skies.
Our landscape is exceptional, especially the sandstone rock formations in and around our holiday resort. Sandstone is a relatively soft rock, weathered and shaped in our area by sun, wind and water for centuries on end. This leaves us (and you) with remarkable natural features which serve as backdrops and walls for our inimitable outdoor rooms and cave suites.
Our Holiday Resort’s Latest Addition
We’re extremely proud to introduce the latest addition to our holiday resort’s unique accommodation options – the Star Suite. A few of its glorious features include:
- Taking a relaxing bath or refreshing shower outdoors, with neither a wall or roof to impede your view of the landscape.
- Sleeping in complete privacy and luxury under the stars.
- Having a dip in your own natural but discretely private rock pool.
Plan ahead to avoid disappointment, since our guest numbers are limited, in order to guarantee that your Western Cape Cederberg experience with us at our exclusive holiday resort is everything you expect and lots more.