Self-Catering Accommodation Options in theCederberg Wilderness
In South Africa, self-catering holiday accommodation options were not plentiful a generation or two ago. However, nowadays, most resorts feature self-catering options, since amongst some, this type of accommodation is more popular than that offered by hotels, especially for family groups with children.
Almost all of this country’s leisure travellers regard a braai as catering for oneself, so it’s important to distinguish between the provision of braai facilities and fully equipped kitchens for cooking and dining purposes.
4-Star Cederberg Private Resort
At our 4-star resort in the heart of the Cederberg wilderness, we’d be seriously amiss in our guest facilities if we did not offer braai facilities, amenities which are included in virtually all our accommodation options – the inimitable, unforgettable Star Suite, the Outcrop Open Air Room, Hut and Cave Suites, camping sites and Rest Camp timeshare chalets.
Self-Catering Chalet Accommodation
In addition to each chalet’s braai facilities, plus a daily bundle of braai wood, each unit also offers a fully equipped kitchen for self-catering – from light snacks to full meals. The kitchen equipment includes cutlery, crockery and appliances, such as an oven, stove top, fridge, freezer, kettle, microwave and toaster.
At each Rest Camp chalet, the braai self-catering facilities consist of an indoor fireplace/braai, braai tongs and grid, and use of a private outdoor boma and braai area – the ideal spot from which to watch the sun set with a relaxing drink in hand.
If you’re planning a longer stay with us and especially if you’re accompanied by your family, the chalet self-catering option is the best accommodation type to choose.
The chalets accommodate six or eight persons in luxurious comfort. Accommodation in these three-bedroomed units is available to timeshare owners, DAE and RCI exchange members, and as rentals, via TradeUnipoint.com – all being subject to availability.
Cederberg’s Kagga Kamma Activities
All our guests at Kagga Kamma are most welcome to participate in all the activities which are on offer in our sector of the Cederberg. Timeshare guests receive a 30% discount on all activities, with the exception of the Stargazing Tour, for which the full fee is charged. Other activities include:
- Morning and/or late night nature drives – see our fauna and flora.
- Sundowner trip – enjoy a drink while viewing our extraordinary landscape from one of our best viewing points.
- Rock art tour – ancient rock paintings date back some 6 000 years; Kagga Kamma’s rock formations feature numerous fine examples of this ancient art and historical culture.
- Swimming – the resort’s main swimming pool is enfolded by magnificent sandstone rock formations. It’s a popular shady retreat during hot summer days and the perfect place in which to curl up on a sun lounger during winter with good book in hand.
- Stargazing tour – view the celestial galaxies through the state-of-the-art 8-inch Celestron Nexstar 8SE telescope at our mini observatory.
- Hiking – immerse yourself in our Cederberg wilderness on foot. Self-guided hiking trails of 4km, 7km and 9km offer unique, up-close and personal experiences of the Cederberg’s unique terrain and vegetation.
- Boulder and rock climbing.
- Reptile educational sessions.
Whether you cater for yourself, enjoy a braai on your private terrace, or decide not to cook at all and instead dine on great South African fare at our à la carte restaurant, the wonderful Cederberg and Kagga Kamma accommodation awaits you.